Enter our 2018 World Cup Competition!
In small groups, pupils must organise and run a language-themed football match or activity.
About the Double Club Challenge:
- Open to pupils in Years 7 and 8;
- Maximum of 6 pupils per group;
- Schools may enter any number of groups;
- FREE to enter for all UK secondary schools.
About the football match or activity:
- Pupils may select any language(s) (except English!) to base their match or activity around;
- Must demonstrate football-related vocabulary in the target language(s) before, during and after the match or activity;
- Can be delivered to fellow pupils or to children at a local primary school;
How to enter:
- Register your school by completing the form below. We will then confirm your registration and send you your Competition Pack, which will explain the rules and competition guidelines in more detail;
- Promote the competition among your pupils in Years 7 and 8. As a suggestion, maybe set this as a classroom activity during a regular language lesson, a homework task or an extra-curricular activity;
- Collect your groups’ entries and submit them as instructed in the Competition Pack
- Deadline for submitting your school’s entries is Thursday 29th March 2018 at 6pm.
The next round:
A panel of judges will decide on the best entries that are submitted. Selected groups will then be invited to attend a special FIFA World Cup 2018 Celebration Day at Emirates Stadium in May!
These selected groups will be notified if they have been successful in good time in order to allow enough time to make arrangements in school for the trip to Emirates Stadium.
When you have placed your order, a confirmation email will be sent to your email address – please check your spam folder if this doesn’t appear in your inbox within a few minutes.