Arsenal Double Club Languages is an innovative, award-winning educational programme that combines football with language learning.
Aiming to inspire and motivate pupils at primary and secondary level, the programme provides a vast selection of Arsenal and football-themed resources to show pupils that language learning can be achievable, rewarding and, above all, fun!
- Arsenal-themed pupil workbooks
- Enhanced Teacher’s Notes which guide deliverers through the pupil workbooks and provide creative ideas on how to expand sessions to include communicative skills
- Interactive PowerPoint activities
- Exclusive video footage of Arsenal players who are native speakers of French, German or Spanish
- Downloadable extras including flashcards, games and worksheets
- Coaching guide containing kinaesthetic language activities to be carried out on the playground or sports field
The resources – produced in collaboration with specialist language partners – support the requirements of the National Curriculum using a creative, cross-curricular approach. They are designed to create a fun environment for pupils learning a language that feels different to regular classroom lessons.
At the end of the programme, all schools have the option to bring their groups to Arsenal for a unique Language Day visit, which includes a guided, language-themed tour of Emirates Stadium, a quiz in the target language, a visit to the Arsenal Museum and certificates and prizes.
The Beginner’s Level resources are a great way to introduce pupils to a new language or reinforce existing knowledge. The activities have been designed for beginners or learners with a low level, regardless of their age. Languages available: French, German, Spanish and Italian. Portuguese version available online only. Topics include introductions, numbers, colours, countries, feelings […]
New Intermediate Level resources are being developed during the 2017/18 academic year. In the meantime, previous versions of the secondary level modules – aimed at lower Key Stage 3 – remain available and aim to boost pupils’ enthusiasm for languages in advance of their GCSE options. Languages available: French, German, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese. Please […]
The school is responsible for running the sessions – Arsenal cannot send teachers or coaches into schools to deliver these sessions. No knowledge of football or of Arsenal is required to teach the resources or to take part in the programme. Once you have ordered and received your resources, you can start to run the […]
At the end of the programme, participating schools have the option to bring their students to Emirates Stadium, home of Arsenal Football Club, for a unique Language Day visit. The visit begins with a visit to the Arsenal Museum and is followed by a tour of Emirates Stadium with a multilingual member of the Arsenal […]
Since the programme began in 2006, over 15,000 pupils from more than 600 schools across the UK have participated at primary and secondary level. The programme is supported by specialist cultural partners for each language, the European Commission, and, in 2016, was awarded Premier League funding to support language learning in the London boroughs of […]
1. How do I sign up? Place your order using the Get Involved section of the website You will receive an automatic receipt confirming your order and cost Your resources will arrive within 2 weeks of placing your order. If they do not arrive within 2 weeks, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: if you are […]
Find out how Double Club Languages can be run in practice, discover some useful practical tips on implementing the programme and see what impact Double Club can have for pupils, teachers and schools in general. In these videos, Jackie Brooker, Double Club German teacher and former head of German at Aylesbury Grammar School, introduces you […]